Holy Week + A Quick Tour

By Chrysty De Guzman - March 31, 2018

Holy Week is strictly observed in the Philippines. Well with almost 80% Roman Catholics here, it is already part of our culture to follow. Most considered this a long week vacation for schools, office works and other jobs. People tend to go back home to have time with their families to strengthen faith and bonds with them.

Image result for HD images of Our Lady of Piat church
 (Cto)

I visited Our Lady of Piat Church today. Being proud Catholic, I believe I have my obligations to my God. I will not talk about this more as I know this is something private between me and Him. Anyway I went to church with my cousins (Jenn and Jepoy) and with Nhiel (Jenn’s bf)  who went back home  from the City. We decided to have a quick tour after.



We went to Biuag and Malana Eco Park in Rizal Cagayan. Biuag and Malana is an epic from Cagayan well known from Ybanags. The story is about two men (Biaug and Malana) who fought for the lovely lady they both adore. FYI, Biaug and Malana now are tall mountains which became an attraction for local and tourists after the local Gov’t started to develop the place. Hiking Mt. Biuag and Malana, cable cart, cable biking and zip line are main activities to enjoy. Taking instagramable selfies to their foot bridge or hanging bridge is a must. A dip to the river is also encourage. Most of all the stunning green sceneries tends to mesmerize everyone's eyes. 

 The foot bridge
 Kiosk at the peak of the mountain
 Hiking way to peak of the mountain

 https://web.facebook.com/CagayanProvincePhilippines/posts/1514751361906846?_rdc=1&_rdr
 https://web.facebook.com/CagayanProvincePhilippines/posts/1514751361906846?_rdc=1&_rdr
 https://web.facebook.com/CagayanProvincePhilippines/posts/1514751361906846?_rdc=1&_rdr

Surely this place will offer more once fully developed. Looking forward to get back on that time. Have a meaningful Holy Week!

How did you spend your Holy Week? Let me hear out.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments