Birthday Post: Self Appreciation

By Chrysty De Guzman - September 19, 2019


Looking back on my years and realizing how far I’ve gone from the 10 years old me who had written her dreams to land like she was so sure of her destiny. Today, I realized that I becoming the woman I always wanted to be. I’ve been through ups and downs, has made a lot of mistakes and even shitted life. I bruised myself while listening to naysayers that I am not worthy. I am not cool. I am not their girl. But today, I wake up smiling. I wake up even more kind and loving myself. Today I fully embraced the flaws and imperfections of the ideal woman that the 10 years old me has drawn in her mind.

I was never been so sure of my life where it is headed until I found myself giving whatever she deserves. Sure, peeps are trying to down what I feel, but hey, I just learn’t to love myself well that I came to a point where I only hear voices from my heart. That only positive power wins over my head. Now, I choose my battle. I now choose ME.

From washing plates chores and now swimming to a wide ocean of life. From swiping dried leaves on my school uniform to surfing on my two-piece the waves that trying to put me down. From making a paper plane to flying on my luggage filled with only excitement and courage to live. From a little girl full of dreams to a still little me who has sparked on eyes on everything she sees. Now, I feel fulfilled….


I am so proud of myself. That even on I am scared, I jump to see what’s behind the other side of the world. I test what can I do more. I take risk of what to loss and gain more. I am happy that the person who loves giving advice is now listening to herself. I am so proud that I am now living like an eagle who doesn’t see much on a day yet so sure it can fly. Now, I am braver…
To every Juan I shared my life with, the better me is bc you see the greatness in me. You’ve let me see the best in me. Now that I am a year older, I am ready to shit life again with you. 

To my family, I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you with no ending……..

To my very important God, you made me. You have given me breath to live. You’ve created me in your likeness. You are my hero. Now allow me to live for your Holiness. Use me for Your Glory!


To my old brand new self. Thank you for staying alive to win your battle within. Cheers to more of your 365 days! Cheers to a braver and bolder YOU!



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments